Oneshi Press has a vision! We see a world where indie comics creators get published and earn royalties. Where comicbook fans immerse themselves in gorgeous art and explore new worlds. Where one anthology combines one-off short comics and pieces of larger stories into beautiful books, available online and in print.
So we’re building that world. You’re invited!
We are seeking immersive, progressive, gorgeous comics for our Quarterly Anthologies. These anthologies feature eight-page comics from Oneshi Press’s creators and guests whose work meets our three guiding principles: Immersive. Progressive. Gorgeous.
We welcome submissions of 8, 16, and 24-page sequential art stories. That could mean one-off short comics, pieces of larger graphic novels or series, short stories told in images, or anything else you can think up.
Here’s how to get your work into OPQA:
- Oneshi Press is seeking sequential art (comics, pieces of graphic novels, graphic short stories, etc.) that is
gorgeous, immersive, and progressive. We want to see work from less obvious points of view, and hear the perspectives of those who aren’t always the heroes. Tell us tales of nonbinary folks, people of color, pagans, weirdos, rule-breakers, boundary-pushers, marginalized communities, and fantastical realms that bend our imaginations!
- We accept only submissions that have not been published elsewhere!
- Simultaneous submissions are fine!
- Submissions may be from 8, 16, or 24 pages in length. We publish 8 pages at a time, so if you have a longer work, it will be spread out over several anthologies.
- You may also submit extra art for consideration as a cover page for your work, but this is not required. Cover art is provided gratis for publication—we don’t pay royalties on your cover art.
- All work remains creator-owned; we only ask for rights to first publication, and right of first refusal after publication.
- We will publish in print and e-book formats.
- We are accepting only sequential art and scripts for sequential art from writers at this time.
- Scripts should be submitted in standard comic book script format. (Dark Horse has a great sample of this type of script here!)
- If you only have a script at this time, but you have an artist lined up to illustrate it, that’s fine! Send us the script and a link to the artist’s portfolio!
- We accept scripts without artists attached, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure an artist for your project.
- If you only have concept art, but you have a writer lined up, send us art and a detailed, as well as a link to the writer’s portfolio.
- We accept concept art submissions, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure a writer for your project.
- We’re also looking for guest artists to showcase on our covers and in our pages! Send us an e-mail at info[at]oneshipress[dot]com if you want to know more!
- We love fan art! Send your best renditions of our characters to info[at]oneshipress[dot]com for consideration!
- We pay royalties based on profits on a quarterly basis after publication of anthologies.
- Oneshi Press will contract with one team member per submitted work.
- Writer/artist teams may subcontract among themselves to determine how royalties are distributed within the team.
- We will not be running a Kickstarter to fund printing for these books, but we encourage creators to promote our Patreon, which funds our printing.
Our Quarterly Anthologies are published every three months—on January 1, April 1, July 1, and October 1. We are accepting submissions on a rolling basis throughout the year. Deadlines for each anthology are as follows:
- Anthologies released January 1:
- Submissions due on September 1 of previous year.
- Finished accepted pieces due on November 1.
- Anthologies released April 1:
- Submissions due on December 1 of previous year.
- Finished accepted pieces due on February 1.
- Anthologies released July 1:
- Submissions due on March 1.
- Finished accepted pieces due on May 1.
- Anthologies released October 1:
- Submissions due on June 1.
- Finished accepted pieces due on August 1.
- Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 7” x 10.5” at 300 dpi. An additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed is required if art meets the edge of the page.
- Acceptable file types: .PSDs, .TIFFs, .JPGs, .PNGs.
- E-mail your work to info[at]oneshipress[dot]com, or share your work with us via DropBox using the same e-mail address.