Oneshi Press Indie Comics Anthology
Hear ye, hear ye! At Oneshi Press, we envision a world where independent creators get their gorgeous, immersive, progressive work published digitally and in print. Where one anthology combines one-off short comics and pieces of larger stories into beautiful, bizarre, thought-provoking books.
So, we’re building that world…and you’re invited!
Your gorgeous comics in our collection!
Submit your work to our creator-owned indie comics anthologies. They’re celebrations of the different, explorations of the weird, and collections of the stories nobody else is publishing.
We’re a progressive, inclusive, collaborative publisher. Folks from marginalized groups are super-duper invited to submit. We love work that celebrates the best of humankind (and other species, too). We’re into love, kindness, justice, and forward thinking. But we are not interested in glorifying the bad stuff—hate has no place in our pages.
One-offs, excerpts, teasers, whatever…
Submit your 8-page sequential art stories. They could be one-off short comics, pieces of larger graphic novels or series, short stories or poems told in images… Or anything else you can think up.
Check out our available books in our store, or peruse the websites of our sci-fi graphic novel, Tracy Queen; our gritty vigilante comic, PACK; our zombie-apocalypse art-thology Mr. Guy; or our sci-fi/fantasy series, Children of Gaia, to get an idea of what we’re into!All work remains creator-owned.
Please note: If your work is selected for publication in our anthology:
- it remains creator-owned If selected
- it will published in both print and digital formats.
HOW TO SUMBIT
- Oneshi Press is seeking sequential art (comics, pieces of graphic novels, graphic short stories, etc.).
- We want work that’s gorgeous, immersive, and progressive.
- We only accept submissions that have not been previously published.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! Just tell us if someone else accepts your work first.
- You may submit up to three projects to one anthology. Please use a separate submission form for each project.
- Submissions may be 4, 8, or 12 pages in length. (Even page counts are best!)
- You may submit a cover page and other supplemental materials with your work, but this is not required, and there is no guarantee that they will be included in the final anthology.
- We are accepting finished comics (preferred) and scripts for sequential art.
- Submit your script in a standard comic book script format. We made an informative sample script for you HERE!
- We accept scripts without artists attached, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure an artist for your project.
- We accept art–only submissions, but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure a writer for your project.
- We love fan art! So send your best renditions of our characters!
- We work on a collaborative co-op model, where everybody wins when anybody wins. That means we offer our contributors the ability to purchase anthologies at wholesale price, then resell those anthologies themselves.
- If a particular anthology’s sales revenue exceeds production costs, then we’ll pay royalties to our contributors.
- Oneshi Press will contract with only one team member per submitted work.
- We will not always be running a Kickstarter to fund printing for these books. However, we encourage creators to promote our Patreon, which helps fund our publishing.
K.F. Kat Fish explains:
- Our twelfth anthology of short comics will be published in late 2022. No theme has been announced yet.
- We accept submissions on a rolling basis.
- Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 6.625” x 10.25” at 300 dpi. We require a minimum 1/4″ title safety area where text is spaced from the edge of the page. We also require an additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed if any art work meets the edge of the page.
- Acceptable file types: .PDFs, .JPGs, .PNGs, .DOCs, and DOCXs.
- Click here for our Sample Script and comic templates!