Oneshi Press Indie Comics Anthology
Hear ye, hear ye! At Oneshi Press, we envision a world where independent creators get their gorgeous, immersive, progressive work published digitally and in print. Where one anthology combines one-off short comics and pieces of larger stories into beautiful, bizarre, thought-provoking books.
So, we’re building that world…and you’re invited!
Submit your work to our semiannual (twice yearly) anthologies. They’re celebrations of the different, explorations of the weird, and collections of the stories nobody else is publishing. We prioritize marginalized voices, prefer to show pleasure over violence, and seek out the unorthodox. And we’re seeking sequential art that tells stories from unique perspectives, immerses readers in lushly imagined worlds, and generally gives a shit… Oh, and we want it to be gorgeous.
Your gorgeous comics in our collection
one-offs, excerpt, teasers, whatever…
Submit your 8-, 16-, and 24-page sequential art stories. They could be one-off short comics, pieces of larger graphic novels or series, short stories or poems told in images… Or anything else you can think up.
Check out our available books in our store, or peruse the websites of our sci-fi graphic novel, Tracy Queen; our gritty vigilante comic, PACK; or our high fantasy series, Children of Gaia, to get an idea of what we’re into!
HOW TO SUMBIT
- Oneshi Press is seeking sequential art (comics, pieces of graphic novels, graphic short stories, etc.).
- We want work that’s gorgeous, immersive, and progressive.
- We only accept submissions that have not been previously published.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! Just tell us if someone else accepts your work first.
- Submissions may be 8, 16, or 24 pages in length.
- You may submit a cover page for your work, but this is not required.
- All work remains creator-owned.
- If selected, your work will published in both print and digital formats.
- We are accepting finished comics and scripts for sequential art.
- If you only have a script at this time, that’s also fine! Send us the script and a link to your artist’s portfolio!
- Submit your script in a standard comic book script format. We made an informative sample script for you HERE!
- We accept scripts without artists attached, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure an artist for your project.
- Along with our sample script, along with our comics templates HERE.
- If you only have concept art and a writer, we’re interested! Hit us up!
- We accept concept art submissions, but cannot guarantee that we will be able to secure a writer for your project.
- We’re also looking for guest artists to showcase on our covers and in our pages! Send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to know more!
- We love fan art! So send your best renditions of our characters to email@example.com for consideration!
- We aren’t able to pay our contributors up-front for contributions. Instead, we work on a collaborative co-op model, where everybody wins when anybody wins. What that means is that we offer all our contributors the ability to purchase anthologies at wholesale price, then resell those anthologies themselves.
- If a particular anthology goes viral, and its sales revenue exceeds production costs, then we’llpay royalties to our contributors.
- Oneshi Press will contract with only one team member per submitted work.
- Writer/artist teams may subcontract among themselves regarding royalty distribution within the team.
- We will not always be running a Kickstarter to fund printing for these books. However, we encourage creators to promote our Patreon, which helps fund our publishing.
K.F. Kat Fish explains:
We accept submissions all year long. But deadlines are important, and they are as follows:
Summer 2020: The Origins Anthology: Submit by February 1, 2020. We’ll send notice of acceptance by February 15, 2020. Finished work due April 15, 2020. Released July 15, 2020.
- Winter 2021 issue:
Due to COVID19 our publication schedule has been seriously hecked with, so we’ll be announcing all of the changes to the next Anthology.
- Submit by
August 1, 2020TBA.
- We’ll send notice of acceptance by
August 15, 2020TBA.
- Finished work due
October 15, 2020TBA.
January 15, 2021TBA.
- Submit by
- Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 6.625” x 10.25” at 300 dpi. We require a minimum 1/4″ title safety area where text is spaced from the edge of the page. We also require an additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed if any art work meets the edge of the page.
- Acceptable file types: .PSDs, .TIFFs, .JPGs, .PNGs.
- E-mail your work to firstname.lastname@example.org, or share your work with us via Dropbox, Google Drive, or similar file sharing service.