The Oneshi Press Comics Anthology
Hear ye, hear ye! At Oneshi Press, we envision a world where independent creators have their gorgeous, immersive, progressive, creator-owned work published digitally and in print. Where one anthology combines one-off short comics and pieces of larger stories into beautiful, inspiring, thought-provoking books.
We’re building that world…and you’re invited!
Your gorgeous comics in our collection!
Submit your work to our creator-owned indie comics anthologies. They’re celebrations of the different, explorations of the weird, and collections of the stories nobody else is publishing.
We’re a progressive, inclusive, collaborative publisher. Folks from marginalized groups are extra-super-duper invited to submit. We love work that celebrates the best of humankind (and other species, too). We’re into love, kindness, justice, and forward thinking. But we are not interested in glorifying the bad stuff—hate has no place in our pages.
One-offs, excerpts, teasers, whatever…
Submit your 8-page sequential art stories. They could be one-off short comics, pieces of larger graphic novels or series, short stories or poems told in images… Anything you can dream up!
You can get a free digital copy of our Unexpected Anthology HERE for a peek at the kind of work we love. You can also check out the synopses and details about our previously published books in our STORE to get an idea of what we’re into!
Please note: If your work is selected for publication in our anthology:
- it remains creator-owned. We only ask for first-publication rights.
- it will published in both print and digital formats.
HOW TO SUMBIT
- Oneshi Press is seeking short sequential art. (Including comics, pieces of graphic novels, graphic short stories, etc.)
- Submissions may be 4, 8, or 12 pages in length. (Even page counts are best!)
- We want work that’s gorgeous, immersive, and progressive.
- Previously unpublished submissions only
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! Just tell us if someone else accepts your work first.
- You may submit up to three projects to one anthology. Please use a separate submission form for each project.
- Oneshi Press will contract with only one team member per submitted work.
- The deadline has passed for our twelfth anthology: DESTINATIONS.
- You may still submit work for consideration in our next anthology. We have not yet announced the theme, deadline, or publication date for Anthology #13.
- We accept finished comics (preferred) and scripts.
- Submit your script in a standard comic book script format. You can view a sample script HERE!
- We accept scripts without artists attached, but cannot guarantee to secure an artist for your project.
- We accept art–only submissions, but cannot guarantee to secure a writer for your project.
- We love fan art! Send us your best renditions of our characters!
- We work on a collaborative co-op model, where everybody wins when anybody wins. That means we offer our contributors the ability to purchase anthologies at wholesale price, then resell those anthologies themselves.
- Contributors are also entitled to one comp copy and up to five copies at the cost of printing (no mark-up!). After that contributors can get as many copies as they want whole-sale (40% off)
- To increase payouts to our contributors, we will be paying bonuses based on our Kickstarter’s performance, along with the option of additional commissions based on referrals to our Kickstarter, instead of royalties, which can not be guaranteed.
K.F. Kat Fish explains:
- Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 6.625” x 10.25” at 300 dpi.
- We require a minimum 1/4″ title safety area where text is spaced from the edge of the page.
- We also require an additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed if any art work meets the edge of the page.
- Acceptable file types: .PDFs, .JPGs, .PNGs, .DOCs, and DOCXs.
- Click here for our sample script and comic templates!
- Read these guidelines carefully before submitting!
- Check out our sample script-to-comic template here!
- Watch our video on how to get noticed by our editor!
- Read our blog series on how to write a comic book script!