The Oneshi Press Comics Anthology
At Oneshi Press, we envision a world where independent creators have their gorgeous, immersive, progressive, creator-owned work published digitally and in print. Where one anthology combines one-off short comics and pieces of larger stories into beautiful, inspiring, thought-provoking books.
We’re building that world…and you’re invited!
Your comic in our collection!
Our creator-owned indie comics anthologies are celebrations of the different, explorations of the weird, and full of the stories nobody else is publishing.
We’re a progressive, inclusive, collaborative publisher. Folks from marginalized groups are extra-super-duper invited to submit; your voice needs to be heard. We love work that celebrates the best of humankind (and other species, too). We’re into love, kindness, justice, and forward thinking. We are not interested in glorifying the bad stuff—hate has no place in our pages.
One-offs, excerpts, teasers, whatever…
We accept 8-page sequential art stories that explore the themes we’re after. Our next anthology’s theme is COHORTS. In the past, we’ve focused on healing, justice, origins, becoming, and destinations.
Get a free digital copy of our Unexpected Anthology HERE for a peek at the kind of work we love. And check out the synopses of our previously published books in our STORE for an idea of what we’re into!
If your work is selected for publication in our anthology:
- Your work still belongs to you! We do not purchase rights to your intellectual property, just the right to publish your comic.
- It will published in both print and digital formats.
HOW TO SUMBIT
- Oneshi Press is seeking short sequential art stories.
- This includes comics, pieces of graphic novels, graphic short stories, etc.
- We prefer 8-page stories.
- 4- or 12-page stories may also be considered.
- We want work that’s gorgeous, immersive, and progressive.
- Previously unpublished submissions only.
- Simultaneous submissions are fine! Just tell us if someone else accepts your work before we do.
- You may submit up to three (3) projects to one anthology.
- Please use a separate submission form for each project.
- Oneshi Press will contract with only one team member per submitted work.
- All communications and payments will be routed through this one person.
- Submissions are currently being accepted for our 13th Anthology: COHORTS.
- The deadline for submissions is April 14, 2023.
- See our Call for Submissions for more detailed deadlines.
- We accept finished comics (preferred) and scripts.
- We accept scripts without artists attached for consideration, but cannot guarantee to secure an artist for your project.
- Submit your script in a standard comic book script format.
- You can view a sample script HERE!
- We accept art–only submissions, but cannot guarantee to secure a writer for your project.
- We sometimes pair writers with artists for short comics. Send us your portfolio! If the right project appears, we’ll be in touch.
- We pay contributors based on our Kickstarter’s performance. The better the campaign does, the more we can pay!
- We work on a collaborative co-op model, where everybody wins when anybody wins.
- That means we offer our contributors the ability to purchase anthologies at wholesale price, then resell those anthologies themselves.
- Contributors are also entitled to one (1) comp copy and up to five (5) copies at the cost of printing (no mark-up!).
K.F. Kat Fish explains:
- Submissions must fit standard comic book specs: 6.625” x 10.25” at 300 dpi.
- We require a minimum 1/4″ title safety area where text is spaced from the edge of the page.
- We also require an additional minimum of an 1/8” bleed if any art work meets the edge of the page.
- Acceptable file types: .PDFs, .JPGs, .PNGs, .DOCs, and DOCXs.
- Click here for our sample script and comic templates!
- Read these guidelines carefully before submitting!
- Check out our sample script-to-comic template here!
- Watch our video on how to get noticed by an editor!
- Read our blog series on how to write a comic book script!